Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Freezer Corn 2015

Since the kiddos are away for the week, and the large patch of sweet corn is at its prime, I thought I would put some in the freezer!  Doug was kind enough to pick about 13 dozen ears for me.  We worked last night to get it all shucked, and I started on it first thing this morning.
I had quite the assembly line...the ears on the dish drain are waiting their turn to be blanched, two pots on the stove to blanch, and two sinks to cool them off!
After everything was blanched and cooled, I set to cutting it off the ears.  Unfortunately, I didn't remember that my electric knife died last year (or maybe the year before), until I was looking for it to start this step.
After taking a lunch break, I bagged up all the goodness.  When it was all said and done, I ended up with 22 bags!
Until next time...

No comments: