Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 28

Yesterday was officially the start of week 28, but I thought I would wait to update you until today because I had a check-up for the baby this morning.  Here's the latest baby bump photo...
As I mentioned, I had a check-up this morning.  It was going to be a long check-up because today was also my glucose screen.  Reba and I arrived almost 45 minutes early so that I could drink that ever lovely "juice" and then pass the time of the hour-long wait by visiting the doctor.  In addition to the glucose screen, which includes a blood draw at the end of an hour, I received my whooping cough booster shot and my Rhogam injection (for no longer being a positive blood type).  Thankfully, none of the needle prick sites are sore as of now.  We'll see how I feel later tonight and in the morning...

As for how things are with the baby - everything seems to be going well.  Reba was able to help measure the baby and find the heartbeat this morning.  She loved being able to help beings that Dallas got to help at the last appointment.

The baby continues to move more and more each day, but the kiddos still have yet to feel any kicks.  Of course, they are not quite patient enough to sit still long enough.

I have not noticed as much swelling as of lately, but a have a spot on the back of my right leg where those wonderful varicose veins are starting to develop.  I asked the doctor about them, and she suggested compression stockings, and that I would need to wear them all the time.  Sure does not sound like fun to me...  Thankfully, they are not painful; just a little tender to the touch.

Lastly, I go see the doctor again in 2 weeks.  I can't believe we are already to the point of every other week appointments!  Time sure is going quickly...

Until next time...

No comments: