Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pictures from the weekend

We had a very full and exciting weekend, and I think Dallas and I are finally caught up on our sleep! Friday started with a Baby Gertie check-up (which I already posted about). Thankfully, Doug was able to take the day off and go to the appointment with Dallas and I. After the appointment, we headed to Dyersville, IA, for the National Toy Farmer Show. It was a gorgeous day to be outside looking at toy tractors. We met up with Doug's mom and dad Friday afternoon and finished seeing the "outside" show.

Saturday, Dallas stayed with Gram at the house while Doug, his dad and I went back to the show. It was another beautiful day, so Dallas and Gram had lots of fun planning outside. At the show, we were able to start some Christmas shopping, as well as do a little purchasing for ourselves!

We bought Dallas a combine for his carpet farming operation (the child absolutely loves combines right now)
Can you tell he was very excited about his new combine?
Sunday started with church, followed by breakfast, and then it was back outside once again for another nice afternoon. Luckily, the Colts game wasn't being shown here so it was easier to get outside and not spend the day watching football! Doug borrowed the neighbor's ladder to clean out the gutters. I casually mentioned we hang the Christmas lights since it was so nice - and Doug agreed! Especially since he already had the ladder out.
We did turn them on for a short time Sunday evening to see how they looked, but I promise I will not turn them back on until after Thanksgiving!

To finish off the weekend, Doug got the Oliver out for a ride. Dallas was thrilled - especially when Grandpa and Gram hopped on for a ride too.
That's our weekend in a nutshell! I go tomorrow (Wednesday) for another Baby Gertie check-up, as well as an eye doctor appointment. I started wearing contacts again a couple weeks ago, and I have to do a follow-up to make sure the prescription is good and the fit is comfortable.

Until next time...

No comments: