Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

We did it. Both Doug and I voted this afternoon. We stopped by the voting location on our way into town after lunch. Luckily, there was no line. Then, we found out that we were not listed at the location, and had to go to another room for the "rural" voters. Luckily, there was no line there either. I signed in and received my ballot (we still use paper and pencil here). I headed for the table to begin the process when I overhear the register lady tell Doug that he must still be listed with the Ladora address. I took Dallas while Doug went back to the truck to get the vehicle registration with our current address so he could change it and vote. Dallas tried helping me vote...he kept grabbing the paper and trying to eat it! Then, he started babbling ... telling everyone who I was voting for. Thankfully, the majority of them didn't understand his language!

All in all, everything went well. Now, it is the waiting game to see the results.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! You should always exercise your right to vote. It is your right as an American to be able to vote.

Mom R