Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Fun

Hello All!

We had a beautiful fall weekend, and luckily, we were able to get outside and enjoy it. On Saturday morning, Doug worked for a few hours, and Dallas and I made some pies for our church's fall dinner. On Saturday afternoon, we did some outside work (i.e. play with the boys, mow the lawn, trim some flowers). We then finished off the day with the grocery shopping and the Wal-Marting that we postponed Friday.

Sunday morning started with us going to church, and then we finished the mowing. I had volunteered to wash the towels from the fall dinner, so we decided since I was driving back to Belle Plaine, we might as well eat at the fall dinner. It was delicious! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, corn, green beans, sauerkraut, and many desserts to choose from. It definitely put me in the mood for Thanksgiving dinner! Dallas even ate a few of the green beans, a small piece of turkey, and a bite of mashed potatoes.

After the dinner, we decided to finally hang a swing for Dallas. I know you are probably all thinking..."It is almost winter, why hang the swing now?" Very good question, and I really don't have a great answer besides - better late than never. We ended the weekend by watching the Colts beat New England! Enough of my gabbing...here are some photos!

Dallas loves to put his fingers in his mouth when he eats. I think he likes the textures of the food, or maybe, he just likes to chew on fingers. How many fingers can you get in your mouth?

The pumpkin pies I made for the church dinner.
Doug hanging the swing for Dallas
Could I get a push?
There's Mom with that camera again.
Wheee!
This is fun!

Well, I'm off here to finish enjoying the weather...the weatherman said we could see snow this weekend...best enjoy the 70 degree weather while I can.
Until next time...

2 comments:

Erin P said...

The swing looks like fun! Definitely gotta enjoy these last few nice day!! :)

Missy!! said...

Dontcha wish you could just go back to enjoying a simple push in a swing? I sure do! :)