Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday's Tale

We have had an adventurous day! It started with Charlie waking me up a little after Doug left for work (6:30 a.m.) with the sound of him getting sick on my bedroom floor. My only thought as I was crossing the room to get to the light switch was "please don't let me step in it!" I didn't.

Since I was wide awake from cleaning up, I thought I might as well stay up. I got my breakfast, turned on the TV, and then, Dallas woke up. I could hear him happily babbling, so I decided to finish my breakfast before getting him. {I was hoping he would go back to sleep, but no such luck.} After getting the little guy out of bed, I made him breakfast...peaches and rice cereal. If you remember, a few posts ago, I mentioned that Dallas has been putting his fingers in his mouth while eating. This morning, he decided to dive his hand into the bowl before putting his fingers in his mouth. I immediately reached for the napkin, but I then decided he has to learn to get food to his mouth at some point. I moved the bowl closer to his reach and let him have at it! Good thing he was due for a bath! I did continue to get a few spoonfuls in his mouth, but a lot of the cereal went on him. He even put the bowl on his head at one point. {I wasn't fast enough with the camera}

Here he is after finishing breakfast. You can't really see the cereal in his hair as well as I was hoping.
After eating, I got Dallas in the bathtub. He is really enjoying baths - splashing around and playing with the toys. I just wish it was warmer in the bathroom, I had to pull him out {while still playing} because he was getting cold. While I was giving him a bath, I heard Charlie getting sick again - another reason I had to pull Dallas out of the bath. I quickly got a diaper on him, wrapped him in a towel and put him in the playpen so he wouldn't go too far while I cleaned up.

I got Dallas dressed, finally, and thought he looked too cute so I had to take pictures...here they are...
Check out those fangs!
Playing with a toy I found in his drawer today. He is getting so tall!
The little guy is working very hard at trying to sit himself up. He's almost got it! He isn't making too many attempts at crawling, but can roll where ever he needs to go.
While doing my little photo shoot, Charlie got sick once more. Yes, if you are keeping track, that is three times today! I wish I knew what was wrong with him. He goes on these spurts where he gets sick multiple times a day for a few days, and then he is good for months. The last time he did this, I took him to the vet, and they tell me to take his food away for 24 hours...and it usually does the trick. Does anyone else have this problem?

OK...so continuing our day. Dallas and I had chiropractor appointments this afternoon. Dallas laughed the entire time while getting his adjustment. I guess he thought Doc was tickling him! Doc said I wouldn't need to come back for another month, but I went ahead and scheduled an appointments right before and right after Thanksgiving. The 7+ hour drive in the car gets me every time.

After the chiropractor, Dallas and I went to the family doctor for our flu shots. Doug got his yesterday at work - they get it free. Dallas and I could have gotten one there, but our insurance pays for one from the doctor's office. Dallas did great! He gave a little whimper and that was it. He even smiled at the nurse as I was re-dressing him!

Tonight, I have religious education class at church. I should probably get off here so I can look over my notes. Tomorrow is another big day. Dallas has a therapy appointment in the morning, and then, Grandpa and Gram Bergman and Aunt Josie are coming for the weekend. The National Toy Farmer Show is in Dyersville this weekend, so Dad and Grandpa will be spending some time there while Gram and Aunt Josie spoil Dallas!

One more thing ... I was told twice today that Dallas looks like me! Of course, the ladies that said that haven't met Doug, but still...maybe he is getting some of my good looks :)

Sorry for the extremely long post.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Missy!! said...

His centerfold position (where he is laying down looking at you) makes him look like a completely different kid! I saw that and honestly did a double take to realize it was him!! :) He is definitely growing up fast!

Kristin said...

I love the green outfit! It makes him look so much older. He's growing soooo fast. Too cute :)

Jennifer Ann said...

Hey, Just from what i've learned in a few months at the vet office the taking food away is about my only suggetion but thats crazy.... very interesting.. Hope all is well! Dallas is gettin so big!