Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Legend of the Wooly Worm

I found this video after seeing three black/brown/black wooly worms in the yard the other day. I have been seeing this variation a lot lately, but three in one walk across the yard! Are they trying to tell us something? For those that do not want to watch the video...the old wives' tales say, "the darker the wooly worm, the harsher the winter."

Here are the woolly worms that I found...


Has anyone seen a light colored one?

Until next time...

2 comments:

Erin P said...

Actually, the only ones I've seen this year have been completely black!! They are predicting the coldest winter we've seen in awhile...better get the long john's out! haha

The Luh's said...

I haven't seen wooly worms here yet... but it snowed today. check out the video on our blog.