Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Chicago Trip

On Wednesday, September 3rd, we went to Chicago with Doug's department at work. Jim, Doug's boss, has done a "rewards" trip at the end of each summer for the past three years to celebrate the end of pollination. This year, the destination was the Windy City. We left Williamsburg at 7 a.m. and did not return home until 2:30 Thursday morning! I, of course, left home without my camera! Luckily, I did have my cell phone ... thankfully, I now have a camera phone. It took me a while to figure out how to get the pictures from my phone to the computer...so that's the reason for the delay in the post. Alright, without further ado...

We made a stop in Waterman, IL to tour the Monsanto facility there and to pick up a few other past co-workers. When we got to Chicago, we ate lunch at the famous Ed Debevic's. For those of you who don't know about Ed's...it is this restaurant where the servers are very sarcastic, rude, or lovey. Ours was sarcastic. It was a very different experience, but fun none-the-less.


This was our group waiting on the bus to pick us up after lunch.

After lunch, we took a trip down to Navy Pier. We decided to stay on the bus and the driver took us to Millennium Park. They have this huge silver beam that is curved to reflect the Chicago Skyline...very cool!


After visiting Millennium Park, the bus driver picked us up and took us back to Navy Pier to meet the rest of the group. We then headed for Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs take on the Houston Astros. We got there early, so we walked around the outside of the stadium for a while.



Check out the ivy...

I know, a little hard to see, I couldn't find a zoom on my camera phone.

We didn't have tickets for inside of Wrigley, instead, we had roof top seats across from the stadium. This was our view...


All-in-all it was a great time. In case you were wondering, Dallas stayed home and the dogs took care of him.

Just kidding...Aunt Katie came and stayed the day with the little guy. I think they each had a good time entertaining one another.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Missy!! said...

Aww! It looks like you guys had a great time! And I'm impressed with your phone photography! I never mastered mine.. let alone uploading them to a computer! Bravo! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, Chicago. My old stompin grounds. Used to take the train with some friends to the city to watch Cubs games. (NO WAY I would let my kids do that!!) Ed Debevic's is definately an experience! It's a great time when you get a funny server; not so great when your server isn't "into it". Dallas' pictures are great! -Marnie