Thursday, April 24, 2008

Waiting for Sleep...

So, here I am, quarter after 10 in the evening, waiting for Mr. Dallas to go to sleep! What a better thing to do than put up a post.

Dallas did have his therapy session yesterday. It went really well, and I felt a lot more relaxed when we left. The therapist (Leslie) said that this neck thing - torticollis - is somewhat typical of babies. Dallas's doctor, as well as Doug and I, believe that his condition was caused by the way he was laying in-utero. Leslie showed me some different stretches to do with Dallas, as well as, different ways to position him when carrying him and playing with him. We go back in 2 weeks for a follow up. Usually Leslie goes a month out before a follow up, but Dallas would not wake up during the appointment so she couldn't do a complete assessment of his current neck (muscle) strength. Leslie also said that the "lump" on Dallas's throat that we have been watching is actually the contracted muscle that is causing him to look off to the side. So...that was a relief as well.

Today, it rained much of the day. Dallas and I met Doug in town for lunch. It was nice to be out of the house, but it was rather messy. Of course, everyone at work loved seeing Dallas, and they were amazed at how much he has grown since the wedding the other weekend.

This evening I had my second to last religious education class. I can't believe the "year" is almost over. Next week we are having a celebration party, so the actual class part is complete. I am happy to report that we did make it all the way through our textbook. I was a little concerned that we wouldn't make it...especially with me taking a few weeks off when Dallas was born. Next, we just wait for June to roll around to have my students confirmed.

I believe that is all that is happening around here. Now for some pictures.

Dallas enjoying a day outside.

Notice how is head is turned...this is what we are trying to correct.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize Rajean! It's a little after midnight and we're up with our little girl. Glad to hear the therapy session went well. He sure is a cute little guy! Take care.

Missy!! said...

He is getting so big!! Oh my! I'm glad therapy is going well... I hope for a speedy "recovery" so his momma doesn't worry herself too much!

Melissa Lakes said...

In every new picture he looks even cuter! I'm glad the therapy is going well... Missy's right, once you get all that finished you won't worry!