Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Due Date

Well, here it is the big D-day...and no Buckwheat. I can't believe it has been 9 months since Doug and I shared with you the news of us extending our family. I was looking at the ticker at the bottom of this blog page, and I remembered back to when the stork was at the beginning and thinking it would be forever before it would reach the end. Well, here we are...the stork has made it to the end, and we are still awaiting (somewhat patiently) for Buckwheat.

I didn't go to work today - I finished up my project yesterday morning. My next project was to get bags ready for Chile harvest and shelling, but the bag printer isn't working properly. The group is to be getting a new printer soon, but until then...there isn't much (for someone like me) to do. Doug is of course staying busy with other projects.

I helped out my friend Laura today by watching Justin for an hour or so while she volunteered at the school. I ended up staying an extra couple hours just chatting about odds and ends. It was a nice visit, and good to have something to make the time pass.

Until next time...

4 comments:

kristen said...

I'm glad you are able to wait so patiently. I would be bouncing off the walls if I was you! Last night I dreamt that Buckwheat was here! Maybe that's a sign it will be really soon. Hang in there!

Missy!! said...

Wow!! I'm impressed that you are patient!! I'm like KP.. I'd have been ready.. well, 8 months and say 25 days ago!! :) I have NO patients!! I can wait to meet junior!!

Kristin said...

Hang in there girl! Buckwheat will be making his/her appearance before you know it. H/she just wants to make sure everythings perfect before making the big entrance. :)

Michelle said...

Good luck with everything! I know how hard it is to wait--especially once the big D-date has come and gone! Our dear little Ella was a week late!! It's all worth the wait though!! :)