Monday, March 3, 2008

Another Weekend Wrap-Up

Wow! I just realized that Thursday was my last post...and here it is now Monday! I bet you were all beginning to think that we were busy at the hospital or something. Well, you were wrong. Our internet just hasn't been working all that great.

Here's what has been happening around here:

Friday was a beautiful day. The sun was out and the temperature actually wasn't all that cold. Doug's boss gave them the afternoon off since it was so nice outside. I had a doctor's appointment to have some stitches removed. I had a bump develop on what I thought was a mole on my leg. I had it checked out to be sure it wasn't cancerous (it was on top of my thigh ~ you know where I always get the worst sun burns). The dermatologist was concerned, so she took a biopsy sample. Turns out it was a freckle to begin with and the bump was merely an ingrown hair! Silly me...better safe than sorry! Anywho...the stitches came out on Friday and everything is back to normal.

On Saturday, Doug and I went to Grinnell (about half an hour west of where we live) for a toy show. It was the first time the show was at this place, and they had a great turn out. It was also nice to get out of the house. We ended up spending about half the day there, and of course, came home with another toy! We spent the afternoon putting together the final things for Buckwheat (the play pen, the stroller, the bouncy seat, the tummy play mat, etc.) I believe we have everything ready for him/her now.

Sunday was another absolutely gorgeous day! We went to church, and then came home and made breakfast. After our breakfast, we decided to go for a walk. Now, remember we live on a gravel road, have umpteen inches of snow lying around, and the temperature was in the mid-40's...needless to say, our road is a mud slide! So...we loaded the dogs in the car and drove out the the state park just a few miles from here. The boys loved getting out for the walk; we don't do it as often as we should. Doug and I then prepared a leg of lamb for supper. It turned out awesome...took a lot longer to cook than we anticipated, but worth it in the end.

That brings us to Monday...we worked this morning on discarding some seed at work. Always fun when we get to throw things away! After lunch, we went to another baby appointment. I made some progress since last Monday. I am still dilated at a 2, but am now about 70% effaced (last week I was about 50%). The heart rate was a little slower today as well...it was about 130 beats/min. Then, Dr. Smollen said it is all up to Buckwheat as to when s/he will arrive!

Here's a new picture for you all...I don't know if there is much change from last week ~ you tell me!

39 weeks, 6 days
(also known as 1 day before due date)

Until next time...

3 comments:

Erin P said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! Maybe all that moving around will encourage Buckwheat to come out and greet the world! ha

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Missy!! said...

Aww bummer!! I selfishly admit.. I was one of those HOPING that you were in the hospital pushing your little heart out... ha... I guess I'll just have to wait!! :)