Thursday, November 15, 2007

House Picture

Since there were many inquiries about the old house picture, I thought I would just write a blog about it!

The house was built in 1902, by Don Lortz's grandfather. When Don & Leo (the couple we brought from) were cleaning out the house, they came across many old slides of various events and activities from years ago...one being the house. This past summer the town of Williamsburg celebrated its 150th year...so Don submitted the slides to the Williamsburg Sesquicentennial committee to upload to the website. Don told us about this, and I was able to sift through the numerous photos and find it! It is a pretty cool keepsake to have, and if you check out the website, I'm pretty lucky to have found it among the pictures!

Oh, and as for my mums...I'm sure they will come back next year. Leo told me that those flowers have been there for a LONG time! I was just bummed about them being smashed because it took them forever to bloom this year. Oh, well, I enjoyed them for a while.

Until next time...

No comments: