Thursday, November 15, 2007

Roof - Day 3 (work)

The roofer came back today! He actually had a crew of 5 guys with him...he originally said he would do the work by himself. Anywho...they did get one side the upper part of the house torn off and new sheating put down. I'm not sure what time they arrived, but they left a little after 1:30 this afternoon. And, the roofer didn't really say when he would be back again. Just depends on the weather. Here are a couple pictures to show the change.

Before

After

Remember those beautiful purple mums that I had? Here is what they look like now. The roofer moved his trailer to the other side of house so it would be easier to throw off the old shingles.

Not so pretty anymore

The last thing I wanted to share was a picture of our house when it was built in the early 1900's and a picture from the same view today. Just thought it was interesting!

Then

Now

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! Your house is so beautiful! I can't believe the similarities of the old picture vs. the new one...however, it looks really different too! I'm sorry about your mums....hopefully they'll be back to normal by next year.

Anonymous said...

What fun to have an old picture of your home! It is sooooo neat, good looking, home-like, etc.! Glad the roof people came back, looks good so far! The mums will grow again and if they don't you and BuckWheat can plant some more next year!!! Love ya.

The Luh's said...

How did you get the old picture? That is really cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, sure hit the wrong keys on my other "comment" didn't I? Oh well, maybe I'll just change my name to beaner;s grabbt!!

Gabrielle Jeromy said...

Wait, what? It's seriously cool to have a house that old. It's pretty cool that you have a pic of it to compare it's old self with the new. It makes you wonder if the house would change in another hundred years, with new walls and roofs.