Sunday, October 14, 2007

CMT on Tour

As I mentioned on Friday, Katie met us in Cedar Rapids for a concert. It was the CMT on Tour featuring Sugarland with special guests Little Big Town and Jake Owen.

It was a pretty eventful evening beginning with trying to find something to eat. We met at 6:30 (concert began at 8 o'clock), and went to Legends - a bar not too far from the arena. There were not too many people in there, but they still said it would be a half hour to get some wings!!! Well, the lady never really returned to take our order...so after waiting for half an hour, we left. We were then going to just grab a sandwich at Quizzno's, but they closed at 7 o'clock! Can you believe that?!?! Finally, we ended up at Taco Bell...where it took 20 minutes to get our food.

We made it to our seats right as Jake Owen came on stage. He sang for about 20-25 minutes. Little Big Town came out a little bit later and sang for about 45 minutes. Then, it was time for Sugarland. They were on stage for almost an hour. Here are a few pictures...sorry, my camera isn't the best at taking pictures far away.



Jake Owen



Little Big Town



Rajean & Katie



Doug & Rajean



Sugarland

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some fun!

Missy!! said...

So I've always wondered - is Sugarland an "entertaining" group - bouncing around like Garth Brooks, TK, Montgomery Gentry, etc... or more of a "shut up and sing" kind of group - George Strait, Diamond Rio, etc.

Just wondering! I hope you all had a blast! I have always loved concerts, apparently you do too considering you went!! :)

Pat your tummy for me!! And show me the belly!! What's the deal here.. seriously.. its been
F-O-R-E-V-E-R....

Rajean B. said...

Sugarland is a pretty energetic duo to watch. Katie and I saw them earlier this summer, and we weren't disappointed either time. Yes, I love concerts too. I just wish they weren't so expensive! Doug and I try to get to at least one a year...and now that we live in the same state as Katie, we usually try to go with her.

I know you (and probably many others) are waiting for a new picture. I'll try to have Doug take one soon...when I look decent that is!