Sunday, May 25, 2014

Kittens

On May 5th, we noticed Rhonda had had her babies!  We decided not to go looking for them because we knew she would then move them.  Over the next couple days, I heard them in the barn while doing chores, but I still didn't search for them.  After 3 or 4 days, I wasn't hearing them anymore, and Rhonda seemed to be spending a lot of time on the patio.  I began to think something found her kittens and she lost them.

Fast forward to today.  I was mowing the backyard inside the fence, when I noticed something odd in the flowerbed.
Rhonda's babies were alive and well!
Reba fell in love instantly.

We have 5 kittens: two black and white ones, a gray one, a yellow tiger, and a calico.
Needless to say, we couldn't keep the kiddos out of the flower bed for the rest of the afternoon.
Until next time...

No comments: