Monday, March 24, 2014

Snowman and Sledding

I can't believe that on Dallas' birthday (Tuesday, March 11th) the temperature was in the 70's, and the following day it snowed!  The temps stayed below normal for the rest of the week, but on Saturday, it warmed up again - just in time for the birthday party!  Little did we think we would being playing in the snow once again Sunday afternoon...
Daddy, Dallas and Reba wrapped up and headed outside to play.  I stayed inside with Julianne (until she went down for a nap, then I went out)  The snow had just the right amount of moisture to build a snowman.  Daddy rolled the ball for the bottom, while Reba worked on the middle section.

Dallas then started working on the head section
Unfortunately, the snowballs picked up a lot of dirt and leaves, so we gathered more snow and covered the dirty spots.

Reba and I found some dark rocks to use for the face, and Daddy and Dallas found the sticks for the arms and the hat.
Once we finished the snowman, the kiddos wanted to get out the sleds.  Reba wanted me to pull her and Daddy to pull Dallas.  I hurt my back earlier in the week, so I didn't think it would be a good idea to pull a 30+ pound child around.  Daddy had a better idea - and got the Wheel Horse out to pull them!
Off they go!


I'm not sure who had a bigger smile - Daddy or Dallas and Reba
One last ride, with Buddy?!?!
I was even able to get a few videos...enjoy!
Until next time...

1 comment:

Gram said...

I remember Pa having fun with Doug and Josie like this back in the day. Good times and memories.