Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Kiddos' Surprise!

In my last post, I mentioned that the kiddos would be excited to see the project I completed while they were on Spring Break.  Well, here is the big reveal!


Yep! A sandbox!  and yes, it is rather large (8 ft x 8 ft)  It needed to be large enough to hold the digger Dallas received for his 3rd birthday!
The kiddos were very excited to get out all of their old sandbox toys and start diggin and buildin!
 I even added two storage boxes at one end for the larger sandbox toys



The project took me pretty much all day.  I don't want to think how long it would have taken if I would have had two little helpers! 

Luckily, the previous home owners left a lot of lumber in the barn; therefore, I had to buy very little.  I found a quarry close by that I was able to buy a load of sand (1.1 tons to be exact) instead of buying multiple upon multiple bags of sand. 

The next day, I decided that I needed some type of "lid" to keep any wondering neighbor cats from using it as their master bathroom.  I built two of these frames (4ft x 8ft) and wrapped them in chicken wire.
I was afraid that they would be too much for the kiddos to get off the sandbox, but Dallas proved me wrong last night and got them both off by himself!

I think they were pretty surprised by the sandbox, and I think they love it already!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Erin P said...

Look at you! What a handy mommy! :) Love it and the kids look like they are enjoying it as well!

Carla said...

Holy cow! I was expecting a small sandbox! We'll be over at 3:00 today to play! LOL I love the storage box idea too!

Gram said...

Looks great Rajean! I bet the kids love it.