Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wordful Wednesday

Be warned: There are a lot of pictures and words in this post...I'm going to try and catch you up to what we have been doing.

We received the keys to the house on June 5th!  On Monday, June 6, the kiddos and I spent the day at the house cleaning before the movers arrived with all the boxes.  Since we didn't have any furniture, we ate a picnic style lunch in the kitchen!
The kiddos took their first naps in their new rooms
Bright and early Tuesday morning, June 7, Ma-maw and Aunt Lisa showed up to help with kid crowd control.  They also brought a trailer-load of our things (deep freeze and lawn mowers)  Gram and Pa arrived mid-afternoon to help as well, and brought a trailer-load of furniture.  The movers got a late start on Tuesday and didn't arrive until 11:30-ish (they were to be at the house between 8:30 and 10).  They then had trouble trying to get the truck and trailer in the driveway.  There was a power line coming to the house hanging too low over the drive, so they just parked the truck on the road!
Then came ALL the boxes!  This is what my house looked like on Wednesday, June 8 after everyone had left (including Dallas who spent a few days with Gram and Pa so Momma could get some boxes unpacked).

Reba loved helping in the kitchen
This is the family room/dining room
Here is our front room
The master bedroom
Reba's room
Dallas' room
Thursday afternoon, I was able to get Reba to nap in her crib in her room!
Our weekend was full of activity, as Gram, Pa, and Aunt Josie brought Dallas back to us on Friday evening.  After Doug got home from work we all headed out to watch the Evansville Otters take on the Joliet Slammers.  The Otters lost, but it was still a fun evening.  Check out some of the history of Bosse Field (a lot of A League of Their Own was filmed there).

Saturday morning, Pa, Doug, Dallas and I headed to the Classic Iron Tractor Show at the fairgrounds in Evansville.  We then came home to spend the afternoon playing and working on various projects.  Ma-maw, Pa-paw, and Aunt Lisa also came down Saturday evening (with a 2nd trailer load of our things).  They too helped us with some various projects around the house!

Sunday morning, we were back to work on more projects!  Ma-maw, Pa-paw, and Aunt Lisa took off early in the afternoon.  Gram, Pa, and Aunt Josie took off about mid-afternoon.  Doug headed for Iowa (Williamsburg of all places) for a safety training meeting on Monday.  I headed north with the kiddos early in the evening to spend the night at Ma-maw and Pa-paw's.  After lunch with Ma-maw and Pa-paw on Monday, I took the kiddos to Gram and Pa's so that I could attend the 82nd Indiana FFA State Convention!
My state FFA officer team celebrated our 10 year anniversary this summer.  Thankfully, all but one of us were able to make it back for the special event.
L-R: Rajean (Robertson) Bergman, Treasurer; Erin Menchhofer, Southern Region Vice-President; Justin Moneyheffer, Sentinel; Kyle Kohlhagen, Reporter; Liza Moore, Northern Region Vice-President; Kim (Hall) Stockment, President.  (Karissa (Hedrick) Moar, Secretary, was unable to make it from Australia where she lives with her family)
Tuesday morning, I picked up the kiddos and headed back home!  Doug's flight back to Evansville arrived about noon on Tuesday.  That brings us up to date.  Needless to say, I still have a lot of boxes sitting around, but we are slowly making progress.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lookin good, glad you guys are "in", it can only get better! Love ya. GG