Monday, October 11, 2010

Brag Post

So, I should really be cleaning and putting things away (since both kids are napping!), the realtor comes tomorrow morning to have me sign all the paperwork to officially list our house for sale!  But...I had to take a moment to brag on my kiddos.

This morning, I had a follow up doctor's appointment scheduled for Reba to retest her hemoglobin levels.  I get there and get called back, when the nurse asks why I'm there.  I explain that Dr. Boelter requested to see Reba 3 weeks post blood draw/changing diet and vitamins.  To which the nurse replys, "Not 3 weeks, but 3 months."  *Sign...*

So, while I'm there, I ask if she can take a look at Dallas' eye.  It has been red and swollen since Friday.  I was thinking it was a sty, but decided to ask since I was already there.  Dr. Boelter looked at it and confirmed that's what is was and suggested doing warm compressing ~4 times a day.  Then, she asks if I am going to get the kiddos flu shots.  I answered, "Yes.  Do you have them in already?"  They did, so we waited for them to draw up the shots. 

(Here's the part on bragging...sorry, I can't tell a short story) 

Neither one of the kiddos cried when they got the shot! 

Can you believe it?!?!  I was so proud of them.  We then went to McDonald's for lunch to celebrate...plus, Dallas kept his undies dry the entire time we were out!  Hooray!!!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Carla said...

Nothing wrong with bragging on your kiddos once in a while!!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! GG

gram bergman said...

I don't blame you for bragging. It sounds like they both did a great job. And so much easier on mom. I sure miss them. Hugs and kisses!

Missy!! said...

HOORAY!!! They are going to be some tough little ones!! :) And double Yay for Dallas! Dry undies and no tears! What a stud!

As far as Dallas' sty.. I get them all the time. My eye doctor told me to use JOHNSON & JOHNSON (not the off brand) baby shampoo and just wash the eyelashes (top and bottom) really good about once a week and that will keep them from coming. I did it faithfully for about two months, and haven't done it since (it's been about a year.. knock on some wood!) and haven't had a problem. Just something to consider if it is reoccuring :)

Good luck with the house.. I hope it sells fast so you can relocate with the Mister! :)