Saturday, April 17, 2010

DIY Project #??

Well, I have lost count of what project number we are on...but here is our latest success story!

Out with the old...
In with the new...
Yesterday, Doug and I tackled installing the new dishwasher. It has been sitting in the middle of the kitchen since the week before Easter, but we wanted to wait for the rural water hook up to be completed before installing and running the new dishwasher - no need to run the yucky, rusty well water through a new white machine!

After making a run to the hardware store to pick up some supplies, we were able to start and complete the project in one day! Last night I even did a load of dishes that had been sitting on the counter top (unrinsed) for about a day - got to give it a good test run.

The result: beautiful, sparkling dishes this morning!

As Doug said this morning: "I call that a success! Here's why: 1. We did it in one day. 2. Everything worked! 3. No leaks. and 4. We didn't have to return any extra parts." (the last few DIY projects we have bought multiple parts because we were unsure of exact sizes, lengths, etc. were needed; therefore, having to return the unused/non-needed items in the end)

Until next time...
I'll be enjoying the sunshine and not standing at the sink doing dishes :)

2 comments:

Missy!! said...

That is the same dishwasher my momma just bought!! She enjoys hers as well. I'm a bit jealous but I might get to join the new dishwasher club.. mine is kinda on the fritz! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Doug obviously isn't a Robertson. It only sat in the kitchen for a couple of weeks! It got installed! It works! I'm so jealous! :)

Aunt Marnie