Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You're in Luck

Doug brought his computer home from work, and I was able to upload photos from my camera! Lucky you!

First off, we are alive and OK. We have received about a foot of snow in the last couple days. In addition to the snow, we are getting very strong winds (gusts up to 50 mph); therefore, we are currently under a blizzard warning. We did see the road maintainer go by earlier today...which really surprised us because the snow is still drifting. Doug didn't go to work today because the state is pretty much shut down...he's hoping to be able to make it tomorrow...drifts depending.

OK...enough talk...onto some pictures.

Last Tuesday, Dec. 1, we had a couple bald eagles hanging out in a corn field close to our house. Doug saw them on his way to work, I saw them on my way into town and on my home from town, and Doug saw them again when he came home for lunch. I tried my best to get some pictures...but this was the best I did.
A picture of the kiddos with Dad - I couldn't believe I got one with everybodies eyes open!
Yesterday, the 8th, I took Dallas out to play in the snow. It was a little chilly (about 18 degrees above), but the winds weren't bad at all. Of course, it took me about 15-20 minutes to get Dallas wrapped up as well as myself. Reba decided to stay in the house and nap while we played.
This was right before Dallas fell face first in the snow ~ about 5 feet from the back door!
He loved being pulled in the sled.
An attempt at a self portrait.
While being pulled, Dallas kept putting his hand over the side and dragging it in the snow.
Somehow, he got pretty snow-covered!
I will try to get some new pictures of Reba and put up here soon. She has grown and changed since the last pictures I posted. Last Friday, she was up to 8 lb 8 oz and 20.5 inches...about the size Dallas was when he was born!
Until next time...

4 comments:

Connie said...

I don't really think I'm jealous of all your snow, but its always pretty to look at. Glad you and Dallas got to play. I must say I'm glad I got that outfit for him for those cold winter days in Iowa. Dallas looks real good in his coat and pants. I miss you all. Can't believe how much Reba weighs already. Take care, Love, Connie

Carla said...

We have the winds and the cold, but thankfully not the snow!!

Jennifer Ann said...

Awe glad to see your all doing well! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Good to see all of you looking so well! Dallas loved the snow didn't he? Nice pictures. GG