Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week 35

FIVE weeks until due date! or also known as 35 days - that's the one that somewhat scares me!
I had a check-up yesterday with Dr. Smollen, and everything is still going great. Baby Gertie is still just as active, even if she is running out of room. My weight was down a pound...how that happened, I'm not sure. But my blood pressure was still up...due to this cough I'm still hanging on to. Baby Gertie's heartbeat was right around 160, so that's good too.

At this point, Baby Gertie is just putting on more weight to build up her body fat for temperature control. According to one book I have it says, "...everything else, from her toenails to the hair on her head, is fully formed. If she were born now, she'd have more than a ninety-nine percent chance of surviving."
I'm feeling much better as far as this cold/cough is concerned. The medicine Dr. Boelter gave me last week has helped tremendously! I have been able to sleep a lot better - until last night when the leg cramps returned. Oh well.

I'm also feeling much larger these days, but that is expected at this point and time. I'm not too uncomfortable yet...just when I sit in the same position for an extended time, which only happens when Dallas is sleeping! Speaking of whom...I need to go check on him.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Stacia said...

okay - so several times you said HER - is there something i've missed!?!?

Rajean B. said...

No, you have not missed anything. We do not know the sex of this baby, just like we didn't with "Buckwheat"; we used "him". This time around we have felt moved to refer to baby as "her". We don't like saying "it", but we don't want to know either...confussing, I know. But that's just how it is.

Missy!! said...

It is SO a girl! :)