Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Bountiful Harvest

With the possibility of our first frost tonight, I decided to gather the remaining veggies from the garden. All in all, we had a very successful year with our garden.

I canned 43 pints of sweet corn, 34 quarts of green beans, 14 quarts of pickles, 7 quarts of zucchini, 7 quarts of beef and veggie stew, 4 quarts of tomato juice, 7 pints of pizza sauce, 7 pints of spaghetti sauce, 8 pints of whole tomatoes, 7 quarts of chili base, and 20 quarts of salsa.

In my freezer, I have 5 gallon-sized bags of green beans, 10 pint-sized bags of broccoli, 6 pint-sized bags of kohlrabi, 2 gallon-sized bags of chopped green peppers, 6 gallon-sized bags of spinach, and 3 pint-sized bags of carrots.

Lastly, I have a gallon-sized bag of each of the following baby food: green beans, carrots, zucchini, and broccoli.

Today, Doug and I dug up the sweet potatoes (which I need to figure out what to do with them)
I pulled all my onions...these were my "prize winners"
And, I finished cutting the celery
Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The vegetables look so goooood! You have sure been a busy woman this summer! GG

Erin P said...

You have been a busy bee! It all looks and sounds great!

Missy!! said...

Jean.. I'd be MORE than happy to "store" some of those items in my freezer! Think it over and let me know! :)