Thursday, August 27, 2009

The BiG, eNoRmOuS, gArGaNtUaN, hUgE, jUmBo, MaMmOtH, oVeRsIzEd, SuPeR, tReMeNdOuS, wHoPpInG Post

No fear...we are still here!

It has been a very busy week and a half for the Bergman household. We were on a vacation of sorts last week (the 16th - 23rd). My parents and sister, Lisa, came out for a visit and brought these along with them...Yep, it was the Iowa State Fair time. They loaded up the flock of 12 on Sunday the 16th and made the trip west.

High-five, Grandpa!
Dallas loved spending time in the barn with us and the animals.
On Tuesday the 18th, we were able to take the sheep to the fair. My other sister, Katie, met up with us there. After getting the sheep bedded down, it was time to find something for dinner. After a confusing bout with directions...we finally found Buffalo Wild Wings. Dallas loved it!
Wednesday the 19th was the show. Yep, that's me the preggers out there helping show!
What did Dallas think of the show...
Yep, it was during his nap time.

Dallas and Daddy taking a break after the show was finished.
We took his tractor along with us...it provided lots of entertainment for the little guy - along with a few new bumps and bruises.
The weather was awesome for the fair - in the mid 70's and low humidity...but Dallas still thought he needed to cool off after the show.


What a great facial expression - I think someone just splashed the water up in his face.The child was soaked head to toe!
Resting up for day two of the fair!.I was going to delete this picture at first, but then I realized that I could use it as my week 27 picture! Sorry I didn't get to it last week.
The famous Iowa State Fair Butter CowThis year's extra butter sculpture - Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon.
Do you remember watching it on TV? Did you have this much butter with your popcorn?
We came across this exhibit - "How Tall at This Fair?" Dallas was standing in front of it...until we got out the cameras.
Grandma's grand prize winner!
There was an animal learning center that had many different baby animals on display, including these baby ostriches. Checking out the baby ducks with Grandpa and Grandma
Take a second look...it's made out of wood!
The wood carver demonstration.It's always a good time when there is a tractor involved!
Sharing a lemonade shake-up with Daddy.
We loaded up the sheep on Thursday early evening and headed back to our house. Mom, Dad and Lisa stayed until Sunday. I put Dad to work on a "little" remodeling project, and Lisa and Mom kept Dallas entertained!
My "little" remodeling project is my one and only bathroom. We are still in the process of working on it, so I can't show pictures yet...well, here's a sneak peak
Dallas was quite the helper - fetching tools and what not.
Well, that was our vacation in a nut shell! Again, sorry for my long absence. I will try and do better.

In other news, this week I have been doing lots of canning - trying to catch up from my vacation. One day I did 14 quarts of green beans; another day, I did 6 quarts of chili base and 5 quarts of salsa; and today, I did 7 quarts of beef stew with veggies.

I also harvested some of my celery from the garden today. We gave Dallas a piece to see if he would try it (he kept spitting it out of Buffalo Wild Wings the other night). This time...success!
There is just something about homegrown being much tastier!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the sheep do in the show?
Uncle Steve

Jennifer Ann said...

so glad your back! hope you all had a great time... some very good pictures!

Erin P said...

So glad to see you all had a great time! I was beginning to think you got sucked into a black hole! ;)

Stacia said...

no mj huh?!?