Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Before anyone starts freaking out that you forgot my birthday, take a deep breath, and relax. You didn't miss it. My birthday is still July 30th. But this past weekend, I got an early birthday present from Doug's mom and dad!

Check it out...

I wonder what it is?!?!
I got a "barn quilt"!!!
Dallas had to check to make sure it was strong enough to survive out here in Iowa.
Luckily, the weather cooperated with us on Sunday and we were able to tackle the project of actually hanging it.
Here's Doug drilling the holes for the bolts to hold it up...can't ruin that beautiful paint job.
It was quite a team effort to get this thing up! Thankfully, our neighbor had plenty of ladders for us to use!
Checking the level one more time...
I was able to help paint the bolts after the hanging portion was completed.
Doesn't it look AWESOME!?! The design is called "weather vane" for the quilters out there.
A family picture...yes, Dallas is in his socks and diaper. He had just woke up from a nap and it was hot that afternoon!
Thanks again Bob and Connie for the wonderful birthday present. We got our first compliment this evening from the neighbors!!!
Until next time...

3 comments:

Erin P said...

It looks great!!

The real question is...how many Bergmans does it take to hang a barn quilt? ha ;)

Glad you guys had a good weekend!

connie said...

I love the barn quilt, but the name of it is weather vane. Sorry Rajean, I know I told you that, but with all the excitement and work to get it on your shed, you may have not heard me. I so pleased that you are enjoying it and already got a compliment on it.

connie said...

hey Rajean, I realized after I left my first comment, why you got the name of your barn quilt wrong. You did mention the other day at your house that when you are pregnant, you get forgetful. So it wasn't all the excitement or hard work. But what is my excuse? Like everything with me, its just getting older. Not fun!