Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh Baby!

We are finally ready to announce to the world that Dallas is going to be a Big Brother! We are very excited and feel very blessed to bring another baby into our family.

"Gertie" (short for Gertrude), as we are affectionately calling this one, is due November 19th, making me about 15 1/2 weeks along. No, we don't know if the baby is a girl or boy, and no, we are not planning on finding out. For some unknown reason, we have called it Gertie from the moment we found out we were expecting.

I had an ultrasound on April 15th (yes, I have been keeping this a secret for quite a while). It showed one baby with a heart rate of 160 beats/min. Here is a small video of the heart beat.


I also have a couple pictures from the ultrasound...remember, Gertie was just 8 weeks when this was done. Making him/her only a half inch long with teeny-tiny arms and legs.

This is of the rate rate
A profile view
I started a couple weeks ago taking pictures of my ever-growing belly. For those that are interested...here is the progress thus far:

Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Dallas and I were able to hear the heartbeat at my last appointment which was May 6th. My next appointment is this Wednesday, June 3rd.
As far as how I have been feeling: TIRED. That's about all I can say. I did not have morning sickness, but I felt very nauseated for quite a while. A couple things that are different with this pregnancy is that I don't have a problem eating eggs (I couldn't stand the thought of them while pregnant with Dallas); I often gag while brushing my teeth (never had a single problem before); and I'm loving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

One thing that is the same: I get sunburns very, very easily. I'm having to put more sunscreen on me than I do on Dallas when we go out to play! I also have found that the Coppertone Baby Sunscreen SPF 50 is the only thing that works!
So...now you all know!

Until next time...

11 comments:

The Luh's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :)

Erin P said...

YAY! I'm so very happy for you, Doug, & Dallas! :) He'll be a great big brother for "Gertie!" haha (you guys crack me up!)

I'm so glad you shared the news with us today! I suspected as much, but didn't wanna come across as rude if it was just weight gain!?! :p

Love you Jean! Miss you guys already! Can't wait to see you again!!

Jennifer Ann said...

Congrats!!!! So happy for all of you!

Putnam County Farm Bureau, Inc said...

You do know what they mean by terrible two's don't you. Its not two years old but two kids (fighting). But congrats anyway. Your family will be blessed.
Stay happy and healthy.
Aunt Patti,Uncle Steve

Kristin said...

WOOHOO!! How fun for Dallas to be able to have a sibling :)

The Schneider's said...

Congratulations! Oh, I'm sure Aunt Katie is going to enjoy spoiling another :-)

Christy said...

I was wondering why you didn't drink any beer at our house Saturday. I almost asked when you were going to have another one.

Hofmann said...

Lance and I were just talking about all our friends with kids, trying to guess who was going to be the first to have their second...guess we didn't have to wait very long to find out! Congratulations!
~Lance & Christa

Unknown said...

Congratulations on Gertie!! Keep us posted on how you and the baby are doing!

Missy!! said...

YAY!! I totally think this one is a girl... definitely! And ya know.. my parents called (and still call) me Gertie..... does that mean that you want a baby EXACTLY LIKE ME?! That is too sweet.. really! :)

And congrats again... but I am wondering.. are you going to keep up the bare belly pictures? I must tell ya.. I've never seen a naked preggo belly before! :)

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! :) How exciting!!