Friday, December 5, 2008

Yumm-o!

Ever since Thanksgiving, we have been giving Dallas some of what we have been eating for dinner. He loves it! The other night, I made a pizza casserole...well, I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Dallas completely cleaned his bowl! We still feed him baby food to make sure he is getting enough veggies and fruits (and to finish off all that I have stocked in the freezer). In the last week, Dallas has also started eating crackers, toast, cheese, noodles, and yogurt. He is not very fond of the yogurt. Actually, it might be the one thing he completely dislikes! He makes this really bad face each time I try to give him a bite. Although, I can't blame the little guy...have you ever tried plain yogurt? Not really the best.

In other news, we finally got new brakes put on Lily (my car)! I even drove her to church Thursday night for my religious ed class. It was the first time in a long time that I had drove her. Crazy how I got so excited about that...anywho...just thought I would share my excitement. Of course, the same day we got new brakes on the car, Doug got a (somewhat) promotion at work (another excitement I wanted to share). And, with his promotion, he gets a company vehicle to drive back and forth to work. So...now he doesn't need the car to drive to work! Ironic how that happens. But, Lily will still have a place around here...especially to drive for small errands, groceries and what not...hopefully, this will help keep the miles off the truck.

In other, other news...the weather sure has turn cold here. This morning, it was below zero! Brrr. Tonight, there is some cloud cover, so the temps won't drop as much...but we are to get a dusting of snow through the night. Tomorrow, it is to be windy. Hopefully, the drifts won't get too bad.

And, finally...I believe we are finished Christmas shopping! I have made my list and checked it twice. Tomorrow, I think we are going to try and go to the mall so Doug can look around for ideas for his list. Let's hope the crowds are not too terribly bad. In addition, I am almost finished with my cards. I'm waiting on a few addresses, and then they will be done!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad to hear all is well your way. It sounds like December has been good to you so far (solid foods, new brakes, prmotion, etc). The weather got crappy here today too. Although no temps below zero yet, thank goodness! However, at church tonight it was so slick that our priest drove off the road and so mass was delayed. CRAZY!!

kristen said...

Solid foods already?! He sure looks like he is enjoying them. He looks stuffed in that last picture!

Tell Doug congrats on the promotion!