Monday, October 6, 2008

We're Back...

I finally have a computer again. (This is where you stand up and do a little dance of joy). There is so much that happened in the two weeks that I was without a computer. Let me see if I can remember any of it...

Fred got out of the kennel one night. Charlie was barking like crazy to let us know something was wrong. Fred actually came back on his own! Doug heard him running around the yard, so we were both in a hurry to get outside to catch him when I fell down the stairs. (It's OK to laugh) I wasn't hurt too bad, a sore toe, ankle, butt, and elbow is all. No bruises.

Doug became sick, gave it to Dallas, and I, of course, ended up with it too. It's nothing too bad, runny noses, slight coughs, and headaches - for me anyway.

I have officially started teaching my religious ed class. I am teaching the confirmation prep students once again. This year, in addition to the 10th graders, I also have the 9th graders. All together I have 9 students in my class. Only the 10th graders will be confirmed in the spring, so the 9th graders will have me for 2 years.

The garden is still producing. Laura and I have been busy canning tomatoes, salsa, chili juice, tomato juice, and spaghetti sauce. And there is still lots more tomatoes on the plants! My pumpkins are getting huge! The package said they were pie pumpkins, but they are jack-o-lantern size! Doug thinks it has to do with planting them when it was so warm, and they are growing faster than normal. Let's hope they still make good pies! Our spinach came back voluntarily. I made a salad out of it the other night, and it was really good. We also have some volunteer radishes, onions, tomatoes, and peas, but I don't think they will make anything.

I told you about our trip to Peoria, IL, to visit with my family...I am now able to share some of those pictures...

Dallas fell asleep in Grandma's arms after we finished eating.
Unfortunately, Dallas was not in a great mood that day, and he would start to fuss each time Grandpa took him.
Dallas with Great-Grandpa - they were playing a game of peek-a-boo...Dallas's favorite.
Aunt Lisa and Dallas before leaving.
GG and Dallas
Grandpa and Grandma Robertson and Dallas
Doug's family left this morning after spending the weekend with us. We had a very enjoyable time; the weather was perfect! We went to Kolona, which is an Amish area, on Saturday to walk around and enjoy the shops. We had a bonfire later that night, and on Sunday, they helped us can some tomatoes. I'll post pictures of their visit later.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Erin P said...

YAY! So glad to have you back! What did we do without computers? ha I can't make it a day without mine! :p

Missy!! said...

Welcome back! I was beginning to wonder if you had forgotten about us! :)