Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Goodies!

Well, we survived the heat the beginning of the week, and have had gorgeous weather since. It is to be a great weekend here in Iowa...I just hope that it travels to the east and south (aka: Indiana)! I should be working on packing suitcases, but first, I had to share pictures of Dallas' new goodies...

The Highchair!

We haven't actually used it to eat, but I finally put it together yesterday. Dallas loved sitting in it while Doug and I ate supper. I think he liked it because he could see us so much easier. I haven't started him on "solids" yet...I think I will wait until we get back from Indiana. Yesterday, I also had my first go at making baby food. I pulled so many carrots from the garden over the weekend that I knew Doug and I wouldn't eat them all. So...what a better thing to do than make baby food! It was very simple to do; let's just hope Dallas likes it! I'm also planning on experimenting with pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, and zucchini (all from the garden, of course).

New shoes!

In the last post, I commented about Dallas' dancing shoes...well, here they are! Our neighbors bought him an outfit and shoes after Dallas was born. He has never worn the shoes because I pretty much forgot about them until the other day! I had him wear them this morning so he will be somewhat use to them this weekend. Is it me...or does he look a lot older with the shoes?

OK...I better work on those suitcases!

Until next time...

3 comments:

kristen said...

He looks so grown-up in those shoes and in the high chair. Time flies!

Christine said...

When are you guys coming to Indiana?

Anonymous said...

I agree, I always thought shoes made my kids look older too...my mom always thought it was weird when I said it. You are so great with your homemade garden baby foods. I wish I would have tried half the stuff you do/have done/will do when mine were babies. YOU ROCK RAJEAN!!!
Love Aunt Kelly