Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a very enjoyable weekend. Friday night was spent at home...just relaxing. Saturday, Doug worked until noon, and then we went to the Iowa County Fair. While at the fair, we watched our neighbor perform in some of the horse games, walked through the livestock barns and project building, and grabbed some good ole fried fair food! Here are a few pictures of Dallas enjoying the animals...




The pony can't see over the gate!


Sunday morning began with church and afterwards we went out for breakfast. Doug and I then took our "new" washer to the basement and hooked it up! I won't have to do near as many loads now because this ones holds way more than my last one! Doug worked in the garden pulling weeds and running the tiller. I picked some lettuce and radishes, as well as a few bell peppers. It all made a delicious salad for supper. After the garden work was done, Doug got the Oliver out of the barn and took Dallas on a ride. He loved it!

C'mon...Let's go for a ride!


I just loved this shot of my boys taking off for their ride.


Doug was trying to teach Dallas how to rev-it-up!


And to end with...a few new pictures of my flowers blooming...








Until next time...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks like you guys had a great and relaxing weekend! I L.O.V.E the last pic of your house through the flowers...how beautiful.

Missy!! said...

Man! Kristin stole my comment! I too love that last picture! It looks like one out of a magazine! Good job in the photograhy 101! :) I bet Dallas gets so excited on the tractor... it's loud.. it makes "funny" noises (compared to what he is use to I'm sure!) a change of pace... that, and he really has to, or I'm sure it would devistate his daddy!

Anonymous said...

Your pics are awesome! I, too, love the last one of your house! I also enjoyed seeing the baptism pics! Dallas is going to be a handful soon! :) He'll be crawling around and shoving everything in is mouth... I love the corn chew! hahaha That's cute! I'll talk to ya soon!
Cari :)