Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tears

Well, it finally happened. Dallas had his first real tears today. Now, when Grandma and Grandpa Robertson were out to visit the weekend after Easter, he was very close to tears one day. His eyes were wet, but no tears. Then, there was the other morning when Dallas lost control of his head and bounced the back of his head off the arm of the rocking chair. He cried some, but no tears.

Today...it was tears!

Here's what happened. Dallas and I were playing on the floor this morning doing some tummy time. Everything was going great. Then the dogs decided that they wanted to play as well. At first, the dogs were staying on their "side" of the living room floor, but then they lost track of where they were. The next thing I know, Charlie took a step backwards and stepped on Dallas. {I know...I should have had myself between Dallas and the dogs, but I was trying to get Dallas to turn his head and look to his left.} I'm not exactly sure where Charlie stepped on Dallas, but I'm thinking it was his arm. He didn't have any kind of marks on this face. When I picked him up and turned him toward me, the tears were forming and starting to fall. They didn't last too long, but it brought tears to my eyes that he was hurt.

All is good now. The weather was great today. The sun was out for most of the day. It was a bit windy, but what's new there! Doug took off work a little early and rented a yard sprayer from the hardware store. We sprayed some Round-Up on a patch in our backyard so we can make a garden! Let's hope that there wasn't too much draft and overspray! I guess we'll find out in a few days...

Until next time...

2 comments:

Erin P said...

Aw! How sweet! I'm sure as a new mom I'd feel like you, but it's important that kids learn to show emotions...even if it is one of hurt! Hopefully the boys learn to play on their own side of the room! ha

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Believe me - there will be more tears! It's all good! (It's the girls that learn how to turn on/off the waterworks later - so you're safe there......for now! LOL

Aunt Marnie (from Vegas!)