Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring has Sprung

I think it is almost safe to say that spring is upon us! We had a wonderful weekend. It was a little misty on Saturday, but it was warm enough to be outside. Doug went to work for a short while Saturday morning and then came home to pick up the limbs and sticks in the yard. Sunday morning we went to church. Dallas did great ~ he slept through the whole thing! After church, we had a short informational meeting about a new group they are trying to start in the cluster. When we got home, Doug started rolling the yard. We rented a yard roller from the hardware store because our yard got torn up from the roofers this winter. (We might have had a small part in it as well, but I'll say it was mostly the roofers!) I was able to get outside for a short while and work in my flower beds while Dallas was taking a nap. We then topped the weekend off with a trip to Coralville to go to the grocery! We are due for some rain this week, but I don't think it is going to be as much as they originally predicted.

We hope you all have a great week!

Now for a few pictures that were captured over the weekend.

Doug had to climb up in the tree to get this branch that was broken by the ice during the winter.

Dallas was able to help Dad pick up some sticks on Saturday.

Dad caught Mom and Dallas in a nap on Sunday afternoon.

After cleaning up the flower bed around my porch, I noticed my hostas are really starting to come up!

Check out all the spring flowers popping up!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Erin P said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the weekend! Looks like Dallas worked so hard he had to nap with mommy! haha Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Dallas napping! You can really see how much he has grown!

Marnie

Missy!! said...

Aww! I too love the picture of you two snoozing!! Too precious. And is the photo fooling me, or has your hair gotten really dark!?