Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Recap (and more)

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day, and that you were able to enjoy some sweets (especially some chocolates!). My house is now decorated with two lovely spring-type flower bouquets. One of them arrived at work yesterday morning...it was from my mom and dad. The other I got from Doug when he came home from work! There was even a stuffed little lamb with his bouquet! I would put a picture of them up, but I still haven't found my camera charger.

I worked until noon like most days, and then spent the afternoon cleaning the house...Doug's mom, dad, and sister are on their way to visit for the weekend. At lunch time, I had asked Doug if he wanted a "homemade" dinner or an "out-to-eat" dinner for his Valentine's present. He chose Texas Roadhouse, which was fine by me - like my friend Kristen said about her Valentine's dinner...no clean up! Plus, we hadn't been there since Christmas! We decided to go early in order to beat the holiday rush. Of course, we still called ahead, and I was so glad we did. I called at 4:30, as we left house, and there was only a 35 minute wait...perfect - it is a 30 minute drive to the Roadhouse. When we got there, they were telling people it would be a 90 minute wait! Needless to say, we got right in, and the food was absolutely delicious!

We stopped at Wal-Mart on our way home, and can you believe that it was NOT busy! I guess holidays must be the time to shop. When we got home, Doug helped me move the furniture in order to vacuum and do some other odds and ends cleaning. I even made a loaf of pumpkin bread, which made the house smell "oh-so-good".

Today, Buckwheat and I go back to the doctor. We are meeting with Dr. Patrick on this trip - another one of the doctors in the clinic just in case Dr. Smollen isn't on call when Buckwheat arrives. I'll let you know how it goes in my next post. In other Buckwheat news: Doug and I finished up our Lamaze class on Wednesday night. We were suppose to go next week because we missed a class due to weather. Shari (the nurse that lead the class) decided to not make it up because two couples have already had their babies, two more are due on Monday, and one due on Wednesday! That would only leave Doug and I!!!

Lastly, I thought I would share that I have been having dreams about Buckwheat lately. Right around Christmas I had a couple dreams about him/her. In those dreams, one time we had a boy and the other time we had a girl. I hadn't dreamed about Buckwheat since...until we chose names last week. I have dreamed almost each night that we had a girl!

I think that brings us up to date on what's happening in Iowa. Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Missy!! said...

Exciting dreams!! You know what that means right? TRIPLET BOYS!! yay!!! :)