Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Taxes

Have I mentioned how much I hate doing my taxes! Last year, Doug and I decided to buy the H&R Block software and do them ourselves. We ended up having to pay on both federal and state! I found out by talking with people that the reason for this was because I work in multiple schools as a substitute. Their advise: have extra money held from each paycheck. So...that's what I did. Problem solved...right? Wrong!

This year, we bought the H&R Block software again...and when I finished putting in all our information, we owed again! I was really perturbed because I changed all my withholdings and we even bought a house in 2007...which everyone says will help out on taxes! So...before sending Uncle Sam my money (for a second year in a row), I set up an appointment with a tax accountant. I was afraid I had done something wrong. Know what...he came up with the same thing I did and it cost me even more money!

Maybe, just maybe, next year will be better with a house and a kid. Alright...enough of my venting...

No more news on Buckwheat...we did get our bags packed and the car seat secured in the truck. It's up to the little one now.

Until next time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Bags are packed and ready to go huh! You'll do great in labor. Are you going to get the epidural? I'd highly recommend it. In fact, I knew I was having contractions(trust me, you'll know...they hurt!) and once I had the epi...I felt nothing, and slept for the next four hours!!! :) Just be calm, and know that the nurses are your best support....they say the husband should be, but they are even more nervous than you are. Jason's main concern the night we got to the hospital...parking the car so we didn't get towed. I could have given two shits about the damn car!! HA :) Regardless, you'll do great. Just enjoy the experience, and remember, once you see your babies face for the first time, and they tell you "It's a (insert gender here)"...you'll forget about all the pain and will know love like you've never known before!! Best wishes to you, we're anxious to hear when little baby Bergman makes it's appearance!! Good luck!

Kim

Melissa Lakes said...

I totally hear you about taxes. We're in the same boat; we bought a house, we're going back to school... and last year we still had to pay. I haven't taken mine in to be done yet (procrastinating), but I'm sure it'll be the same scenario this year. Adulthood stinks sometimes!

Anonymous said...

And talk about taxes,Mark wants to get married. I claim head of houshold and 9 exemption on my paycheck, so no fedral comes and I still get good money back. I think my paycheck and taxes is why I wasn't in a hurry to get married. I won't have a paycheck anymore or get money back. Christy

Kristin said...

Taxes does really suck! Try owning two businesses :)

Erin P said...

It's almost time Jean! I can't believe it! Can't wait to hear that Buckwheat has arrived! You'll do great...you were made to be a mom (we didn't call you mother hen for nothing!?!)! ha

Love,
Erin