Friday, February 8, 2008

Buckwheat!

Today, Buckwheat and I had another doctor's appointment. This was the start of our weekly appointments. Yes, it means we are getting very close to the arrival of Buckwheat! Can you believe it? Where has the 9 months gone? Things were great at the check-up. Buckwheat's heartbeat was around 140 beats/min. After hearing the heartbeat, Dr. Smollen asked if we were having a boy. I said that we didn't know, and then asked if that heart rate was a sign of boy. She said that boys tend to be lower, but she then assured me that she didn't know the sex either...it was just a guess. We go back next Friday!


36 weeks, 3 days

In other news, the road-maintainer (that's what the locals call the graders) came by the house a little before noon on Thursday. We were able to go to work around 9:30 Thursday morning because the road north of us was cleared. I was also able to make it to church Thursday evening to teach my religious education class. It did snow some while driving there, but it was a light dusting when all was said and done. We are to be getting more snow Saturday with the wind picking up again. Then, on Sunday, we are to drop below zero once again! And, finally, to start next week...more snow!

Have a great weekend...

...until next time!

Oh, and by the way...Missy: I did not forget that you "tagged" me...I'm still thinking of something to write about!


1 comment:

Missy!! said...

Look at that belly!!! I bet you are so excited to meet the little one... you have what.. like a month to go? Can't wait.. make sure Doug takes THOUSANDS of pictures!!!