Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year's Eve

It was brought to my attention (by my wonderful sister-in-law) that I never posted pictures from our New Year's Eve adventure! My bad!!!

Doug, Josie, (Josie's friend) Emily, and I headed up to Purdue New Year's Eve to ring in the New Year with Bruce and the Doctor at the Neon Cactus. We went last year and had a blast! And, this year was no different. One of the highlights of the evening was that the campus went completely smoke free in 2007...therefore, there was no smoking in the bar! Perfect for a pregnant woman like myself!

Here are the pictures...enjoy!


Emily and Josie got in line at 6:30 p.m. ...the doors didn't open until 8 p.m.
The reward...first in line for the piano bar!


The weather while they waited in line...snowy/rainy and cold.


I waited in the truck, but got in line with the rest 5 minutes before the doors opened!
Another perk for the pregnant lady!


Piano Man Bruce Barker's piano


Doug and I ~ Jan. 1, 2008; 12:01 a.m.


The Doctor takes over the piano while Bruce rocks out on the guitar.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are some great pictures....good times at the Cactus!! Number one baby!!

Anonymous said...

So yea, that is the first time I have wrote a comment on ur blog.....sorry, wasn't quite sure what I was doing. I think I got it now!

Missy!! said...

:) What fun! Isn't the cactus just a great place to have a fantastic time!! I must admit... I'm a bit jealous!

Anonymous said...

I used to work with Bruce's wife.

Rajean B. said...

Did you know that Bruce now has 2 kids? He mentioned it at the bar that night...kind of crazy to think he has children!

Anonymous said...

His wife is a preschool teacher.