Friday, November 30, 2007

Frustration!

This roof project is becoming a bad bur in my side. It is very annoying that the roofer only shows up 2 days a week. Especially when it is getting colder each day! Take yesterday and today for instance...no roofer. Alright, so it was only 30 degrees, but the sun was shining which means the shingles would have sealed just fine. And then there is tomorrow. As I write, I'm watching the news and we have a winter weather warning from 6 a.m. Sat. to 6 a.m. Sun. We are suppose to get a half inch of ice and then 30 plus mph winds, and maybe some snow mixed in as well. (When that happened last year, we were out of power for 5 days!!!) Anywho...back to the roof...it's not finished! So, if we really do get this weather tomorrow, it will be days before I see the roofer again. I hope it doesn't ruin the new decking he put down Wednesday morning!

You would think that the guy would want to get this project finished because it is a 45 minute drive here from his home...and if you haven't noticed...gas prices aren't that great! Then, when he is here, he only stays for a few hours. Maybe I'm just shorter fused these days...but I just want the project completed.

Sorry for the ranting...but I just needed to let off some steam.

Until next time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there honey, maybe the roofer's got "arthur" resting in his feet or something!!! Sure hope he works on Saturdays!! We'll be thinking of you. It's raining here today!!! Love you.

Missy!! said...

Bummer!!
Good luck... I know you don't want any additional issues.

But on the bright side....... aren't we due for a bulging belly update? Hmmmmm?

Anonymous said...

That's the joys of working with contractors! We've had our roofing material in the barn - waiting for the contractor - for going on two months now. He did put a sign in the front yard, so hopefully that means he remembers! And I'm with Missy - belly update??

Rajean B. said...

You will all have to wait a few more days before the next belly update. Remember...Doug is in Puerto Rico, and well...we are now "iced" in for a few days so I don't have anyone to take a picture. Unless I can teach Charlie to work the camera.

Missy!! said...

I'm sure Charlie is a BRILLIANT puppy dog... he could do it!!

Ya know... we use to do self timed pictures ALL THE TIME... you remember... right?????

Rajean B. said...

I've tried the self timer feature...and well it just doesn't do much for me. I can't get the angle to flatter my figure!