Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What To Write About???

Hmm...it has just been one of those kind of weeks where there hasn't been a lot going on; therefore, I apologize for not having posted anything recently.

The weather...that's always something to write about...has been a roller coaster lately. We will have a day or two in the upper 70's, even 80's. Then we will drop back into the low 60's for a high. It is beginning to rain as I am typing this. They (the weatherman and woman) says it should last for a couple hours and only getting a half inch out of it, if we are lucky.

The boys have been their naughty selves here lately, too. The other night, Doug and I both fell asleep while watching TV (see...very exciting times around here)...anywho...Fred found where Doug had lay down his glasses. Needless to say, they are no longer wearable. Fred chewed out the lenses, bent the frames, and nearly ate off one end of an ear piece! The really annoying thing about it...Doug just got those glasses this spring and we are to get our pictures taken at church this weekend! All I can say is that Fred has expensive taste.

Like I just mentioned, we are to get our pictures taken at church this coming Saturday. The cluster has decided to do a pictorial directory. I'm excited about it because there are still a lot of people in our church that we do not know.

In addition, my confirmation class is still going well. The candidates were a little more willing last week to join in the discussion topics that I presented to them.

Doug is still busy at work. They plan on finishing their harvesting by the end of the week, but they will continue to be busy shelling for probably another 3 weeks. They are also trying to get ready to start planting in Puerto Rico and Chile. They want to leave for Puerto Rico around November 4th and be back the week of Thanksgiving. They are planning on having over 300 acres this year down there! Last year, I believe they had somewhere between 100 and 150 acres, so they will be busy!

I'm beginning to pick up some more sub days, but it is still pretty slow. Luckily, I'm needed at Monsanto, so I have work everyday. My medical transcribing classes are going well. I got back some tests the other day...100%, 98%, and 96%! I was pretty proud of myself.

In other exciting news...my friend Melissa Mitchell and her boyfriend, Mike Andrew, got engaged this last weekend! Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to meet Mike, but I'm sure I will in due time...maybe at Missy & Andy's wedding... They are planning a February 2008 wedding - so she will be a little busy these next few months.

Buckwheat is doing great. He/She still thinks my bladder is a pillow...but I hear that is normal. We go back to the doctor in two weeks...I wonder if we will schedule an ultrasound at that time? I will try to get a new picture up soon, but I really haven't changed that much since the last one I posted.

Well, for not knowing what to write, I sure did write a short story!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Missy!! said...

YAY!! So are you going to Puerto Rico with Doug? Or is he leaving you at home with your "condition" :) and all?

Mike is a nice guy. I met him over the summer.. and Melissa Sue.. sheesh is she on cloud nine! They do make a cute, happy, little couple. I know they are planning on heading west for November 17... are you planning on heading east?? (A little side note too.. if you are.. and your family would like to meet you "half way" they are more than welcome to come. Free food!! :)

And.. if you do have an ultrasound.. would you possibly be posting the first ever picture of junior?

Rajean B. said...

We're still not a 100% sure if Doug will be going to Puerto Rico, and if he does, it will depend on what kind of price I can find for an airline ticket for me to travel along. It is always hard to tell when/where I'll go with him because they can change their plans - dramatically! - at the last minute.

Yes, I do agree Melissa is on Cloud 9...and she has every right to be. I'm so excited for her!

I've got my RSVP ready to mail back. I'm marking to attend...of course, it depends on Doug's travel plans if he comes.

And finally, yes, if we get an ultrasound picture of Buckwheat...I will definitely post it.