Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What a Day!

Hey All! Thanks so much for all the comments...I didn't know how many people would actually view my page, but I was super excited to see the response! I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.

Today was another busy day (as usual). I have cut my hours at Monsanto this week. I decided on this for a few different reasons.

1) I'm beginning to sub again; school resumed last week, and I already have a handful of days on my schedule starting tomorrow.
2) This weekend is the big Robertson Reunion, and I have a few things to finish getting ready before everyone arrives. (4 days left!)
3) Last, but not least, I'm trying out a new "career". I have started on classes for medical transcribing. I'm really excited about this because I will be able to do this from home after Buckwheat arrives. My plan is to finish the "course work" by the end of January, and have some work lined up before March 24th (Buckwheat's Estimated Time of Arrival). The courses are all on my own, which makes it great because I can do as much as I want at a time. I've been working on the lessons in the afternoon while the house is empty and I can concentrate.

After working around home until 5:30, Doug got home from work and decided we should mow the yard before the rain comes. We are expected to get another couple of inches before morning. Plus, Doug is leaving for Illinois tomorrow afternoon for work, and he won't be home until late Thursday night.

We finished off the night spending some time playing with the boys, and enjoying some watermelon from Dean and Naomi's garden! It was delicious!!! Charlie and Fred thought so too.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you get the stuff to transcribe? I did this for about 8 weeks when Grandpa was stationed at Fort Knox. It was really interesting. Sure have to learn to spell at lot of different words! Good Luck. Sounds like fun.

Missy!! said...

Isn't it sad that you've been out of college, for what 2 years, and are still looking for that "perfect" job, all the while thinking about heading back to school?

I'm kinda in the same boat. I guess I haven't really decided that school teaching is my calling... yet I feel I'm good at. Like you, I'd like a career where I could eventually stay home with a junior or two..

To sum it up, best of luck to you, and I'm totally jealous! (the whole, figuring out what you are meant to be doing portion).

And... great job on the blogging page.. looks great! :)