Sunday, July 5, 2015

Party and Pie

Reba was invited to a friend's house for a birthday party this afternoon.  About an hour before the party, she asked if she could have her nails polished.  It was a good time to do it because Julianne was down for a nap and the boys were gone fishing.  I then made her sit in the chair and watch a show on TV while her nails dried.  A few minutes later, I found her asleep!  
She was able to get a quick catnap before the party!  I was afraid that she would be a bear when I woke her up.  Once I mentioned it was time for the party, she was wide awake and happy as could be.

Once I got home from dropping Reba off, I set to making a pie with a few of the those cherries I pitted a few weeks ago.  Sugar couldn't wait to sink her teeth into it!
It was my first time making a cherry pie (not using store bought cans).  The flavor was wonderful, but it was sooooo juicy!  After we cut and dipped out our pieces this evening, I poured about 2 cups of juice out of the pie plate hoping that the crust won't turn to mush.

Until next time...

No comments: