Saturday, July 18, 2015

Cleaning the Church

Our church remodel is getting so close to being completed!  In order to get ready for the final touches (i.e. touch up paint, mop the floors, move the statues, etc), the church needed a good cleaning!  There was such a heavy layer of dust settled on everything.

I spent my morning dusting (which is by far my least favorite thing to do) the pews.
Others worked on the pulpit area
While a few others braved the height of cleaning the alter that houses the tabernacle.
I absolutely love the blue ceiling - if I haven't mentioned that before!
I had never been in the balcony, so once my dusting was completed, I headed upstairs.  They added new carpet, pews, and railings.
I was also able to get an up-close look at the details on the pillars.
What a breath-taking view!  We are hoping to have our first Mass back in the church at the end of August.
Until next time...

No comments: