Saturday, June 14, 2014

Classic Iron Tractor Show - 2014

This weekend is the Classic Iron Show at the Vanderburgh County Fairgrounds.  Last year, we took the Oliver and enjoyed multiple days at the show.  This year, we are only going one day and left the Oliver at home, but Pa brought along his Wheel Horse and wagon to put around the show!

Aunt Josie and Julianne
Julianne had a grand time at her first tractor show!
One last photo before going home
While at the show, I was able to browse through the flea market area, and came across these jars to add to my collection...
Based on the script writing of "Ball", these jars date between 1910-1923.  If you can't tell, they are both blue color.  I really liked the one above because "PERFECT MASON" is off-centered and higher on the jar.  I have not seen one like that before.  Is it an imperfection? I don't know.  The jar below, I liked because of the vertical lines that go around the jar.  Also, I liked the way the tail of the second "l" in Ball sharply comes back.

Until next time...

No comments: