As I mentioned in yesterday's post, the doctor offered for us to come in this morning, break my water, and have a baby! We jumped at the chance, even with the snow storm in the forecast. Ma-maw came down last night so she could stay with Dallas and Reba while Daddy and Momma went to the hospital.
Just as the weatherman predicted it rained first and then turned to snow after midnight. Schools were canceled, so we were going to let kiddos sleep in, but they had other plans! They woke up just a few minutes before we were going to leave, so I got one more picture with them and Baby in my belly.
Around 7:30 a.m. the doctor broke my water and labor started. After an hour or so, the contractions really had not picked up, so my doctor decided to start Pitocin. That did the trick! A little before 1 o'clock, I had dilated to 6 cm, and the contractions were very strong, so I decided to get an epidural. It was roughly 1:30 p.m. when the anesthesiologist finished, and unlike the epidural I received when Reba was born, it helped ease the pain right away! Between 1:45 and 1:50 p.m., my nurse was explaining that she was going to call my doctor with an update, and she was going to suggest Dr. Alvey come up in an hour or so to check on me. Just then, Dr. Alvey walked in (her office to see patients is on the second floor of the women's hospital and labor and delivery is on the third floor). She mentioned to the nurse that she would like to check my progress, and low and behold, I was fully dilated and ready to push!
At 2:14 p.m., we welcomed our new baby girl in the world!
Excuse my red eyes, but there might have been a few tears of joy!
Our family of five! (side note: I was so excited that the kiddos were able to come to the hospital and meet their new sister; you might remember, Dallas was not allowed at the hospital when Reba was born)
Until next time...