Thursday, March 7, 2013

Upgrade Project

This week, we had a major project going on at our house.  We got new windows!  

We had talked about it before, but had not actively looked into it.  Then, one day, a salesman stopped by and asked if he could meet with us to discuss new windows.  I took the bait.  That lead to getting a few different estimates, and going forward with the project.  We also had more insulation blown into our attic.

New homes are required to have at least 15 inches of insulation.  We had about 3 inches in our attic!  Let's hope these new upgrades make a difference in our electric and gas bills.

Now, onto some out with the old and in with the new pictures...
         old window on the left, new window on the right

Dallas' bedroom (facing the road)
D's room to the NW
Living room (facing the road)
Master bedroom (facing the backyard)
Master (looking to the NW)
Reba's room (facing the road)
We only had 9 windows to replace, and the workers were able to switch them all out in about half a day.

Unfortunately, the trim metal was the wrong color when they started to finish the outside, so they have to come back and finish that on another day.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Gram said...

glad to hear it got done. I had been wondering how it went.