Sunday, July 29, 2012

My "Golden" Birthday

That's right, this year I turn 30 years old on the 30th.  So why it isn't actually my birthday, we have already celebrated here at home.  Doug left Friday morning for work and headed to Georgia to help that group with their harvest.  Since he knew he would be gone, he took the kiddos shopping early in the week and let me open my cards and presents a week before my birthday :)

Reba showing off the art work she did on my card
Opening my card from Reba
Dallas opened the card he picked out for me
Reba picked out some new flip-flops for me - she knows her momma loves shoes!
Dallas picked out a new bird feeder for me and a big bag of feed (Dallas was explaining to me that we can hang the feeder out by the swingset so we can watch the birds eat while I push him in the swing...always thinkin' that kid!)
Doug also took me out to dinner before he left.  We ate at a local sushi restaurant!  It was the first time I have had sushi and it was really good.  As we were leaving the restaurant, Doug said, "I expect to see this on the blog."  I replied with, "Why didn't you have me take pictures then?"  So I apologize for no pictures.  I must be getting forgetful in my "old" age.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Gram said...

sounds like you already had a wonderful birthday. What more could you ask for, you have it all. Happy Birthday to the most wonderful daughter-in-law we could ever possibly deserve.