Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Glimpse into my Garden Galley

Here are some snapshots of what's been going on in (and out of) my kitchen lately...

The kiddos loved helping shuck the sweet corn

Even Charlie tried to help...
Ears of sweet corn are piling up...
waiting to be cut off the cob
Big Bertha and her apprentice, Stainless Steel Suzie
Tomatoes going through the Sauce Master
5 Quarts of Chili Base and 3 Quarts of Tomato Juice
10 pounds of cucumbers soaking in pickling lime...
...makes 7 Quarts of Dill Pickles! (that puts me up to 21 Quarts for the season thus far)
2 LARGE zucchinis shredded
My first 3 loaves of zucchini bread
I was able to make 4 more loaves from what remained of those 2 zucchinis!...my chickens need to start picking up their production rate so I can bake some more yummy-ness :)

Until next time...I'll be canning up some more goodness from my garden!

1 comment:

Erin P said...

Yum! You guys have been very busy! We made our first loaves of zucchini bread this week too. mmmmmmmm One of my favorite summer treats!