Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reba's First Haircut

Before leaving on vacation, I decided everyone needed a haircut...including Reba!  Yes, she is 2 1/2 years old and she finally got her first haircut.  Mind you, I have trimmed her bangs multiple times, and I cut Doug and Dallas' hair, but I couldn't gather enough nerves to take the scissors to Little Miss.

-Aunt Katie, remember what happened when you cut my hair in junior high?  That's a story for another time...

Here's Reba before Bob-Bea (yes, that really was the stylist's name) started.  Reba wanted to sit on my lap and not in the booster seat - hey whatever works! (and, no, I didn't get my hair chopped, it's just tucked into the neck of the cape)
Snip, snip
Afterwards...
I didn't have Bob-Bea take much off, just evened up the back.  The sides of Reba's hair are still above her shoulders, and I didn't want to have her hair that short.  Also, Dallas couldn't decide if he wanted in the above picture or not, so please excuse his sour face.

Such a big girl for sitting still and getting her first haircut!
Bob-Bea saved a few trimmings for me and even made up this certificate for Reba...
Until next time...

4 comments:

Missy!! said...

Awww!! :) Growing up so quickly!

Gram said...

such a cutie pie! So glad she sat still. And Dallas's face looks just fine to Gram.lol

Aunt Katie said...

It just turned out a little shorter than you expected! It was fine! lol

Stacia said...

That's so cute -- and don't worry Sariah still hasn't had a haircut! I think Brinley might get one first...her bangs are so long it is always getting in her face.