Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

I finally drug up the decorations one day while the kiddos were napping and Doug was working in the garage and barn.  Once I got the tree together, these were the only lights that lit up on my pre-lit tree...
Frustration!

Luckily, I had a couple strands of white lights that I was able to put on to make the tree decent.  Here's the finished product...
The kiddos loved helping us pull the ornaments out of the tubs and finding the perfect place to hang them on the tree.  We were having so much fun, I forgot to take any pictures...

The kiddos each have a small tree in their room.  Ma-maw started this tradition on Dallas' 1st Christmas.  She gets the kiddos an ornament each on Christmas to hang on their special tree.  She tries to get an ornament that is a reminder of something special to them that year.

This is Dallas' tree (2008 - baby's 1st Christmas, 2009 - animals {from going to the fairs with Ma-maw and Pa-paw}, 2010 - a steam engine train)
This is Reba's tree (2009 - baby's 1st Christmas, 2010 - Santa Claus {for visiting Santa the first time})
Doug and I were even able to decorate outside!  Sorry, my pictures aren't the greatest, but you get the idea :)


Until next time...

No comments: