Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

If you weren't aware, Doug took this week off to spend some time at home now that harvest is over at work.  Needless to say, the kiddos are LOVING having Daddy at home to play.  Today, we took the dogs to the vet to get up-to-date on shots and general check-ups.  They had great check-ups, and I'm happy to report that Charlie is down to 79 pounds and Fred is down to 46 pounds!

Sorry, got a little off track - after taking the dogs to the vet, we ventured out to Goebel Farms' pumpkin patch!  The kiddos had so much.  Take a look -

There were two little kittens that greeted us as soon as we arrived
Pumpkins, Tractors, Kittens - Oh, my!
Then, there was the awesome wheat play table
We were actually able to take a nice family picture
I had to take Reba to the truck at one point (dirty diaper duty), when I noticed I could have been charged with pumpkin theft!
I was more than happy to pay in full once I realized the price was a *HOT* deal
There was a "petting zoo" area where the kiddos could feed the goats
and see some rabbits
Then, the real fun...the Lofty High Barn Slide
The straw mountain/maze area
Daddy swinging from the rafters
We let the kiddos pick a pumpkin before we left.  Reba didn't put hers down the rest of the day!
Until next time...

I apologize for the red eyes and lack of adequate cropping.  Something crazy happened to our computer's power cord, so I don't have access to my normal editing software.

2 comments:

connie said...

looks like a really neat place. That slide looks like great fun. I think "dad",once again,had as much fun as the kids,funny. So happy the weather is working out.

Carla said...

Glad you had a good time. All we were able to do when we were there was pick out pumpkins due to lack of time. I was really disappointed!