Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Visiting Santa

The kiddos and I were out and about today...seeing if we could find some great Christmas deals, when I had the wild idea to take them to see Santa!  This happened while at Menard's, and Dallas saw a yellow dump-truck that he thought he needed right then and there.  I said, "You will have to ask Santa for it."  Well, the rest of the way through the store, Dallas kept repeating, "Yellow truck, please."  I then asked him if he wanted to go find Santa and ask him in person, and he said, "Yes."  So...off to the mall we went!

Lucky for us, it was around 2 o'clock and there was only one other little girl in line!  She was about 4 years old, and she climbed right up on Santa's lap.  I showed Dallas what she was doing and said, "That's what you will do when it's our turn."  That's all it took...to get the tears started and the shuffling of the feet!  Reba had no problems sitting on the jolly guy's lap!  Dallas, it took a little more work to get him to stand by Santa and then sit on a stool next to him.

I didn't think the picture turned out too bad for our first-ever visit with Santa!
Until next time...

4 comments:

gram said...

Poor Dallas, send him to Gram! Did he tell santa about the yellow truck?

Jenni said...

Too funny! Last year we ended up doing a family picture with Santa because Eli wouldn't do it. I think we will have the opposite problem this year. I think Eli will do fine and I think Jude will be clinging to momma for dear life.

Missy!! said...

I don't blame Dallas.. Santa is a scary man!

Rajean B. said...

Yes, Gram...Dallas mumbled about the yellow truck and a choo-choo. Of course, I had to translate it to Santa :)